INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN – Cycle 2
2 years – 120 ECTS – Postgraduate Studies
The trades of interior architect and designer have evolved a lot in recent years. These professionals must be able to arrange public, commercial or private spaces, draw furniture, accessories, imagine exhibitions, design cultural events …
On the other hand, a complementarity between architects and interior designers has developed over time. Indeed, the technical, technological and regulatory constraints are becoming increasingly important to architects. As a result, parts of their former missions are now entrusted to interior architects. They now have the same level of education (5 years) and work independently or collaboratively.
In addition to his qualities as an observer, his ability to find information and his spirit of synthesis, the interior architect & designer is first of all a creative. Once the project is designed, he must direct the various trades, subcontractors or manufacturers, control prices, deadlines and the proper execution of the work. Creativity and rigor are the keys to a future success!
The CAD teaches students to address all aspects of the profession. This richness and this relationship with the reality of the job allow our students to easily find very good internships during their studies and a job very soon after graduation.
The CAD is an international institution. The classes are taught in English allowing our students to obtain internships abroad, take part in international workshops and get acquainted with foreign cultures through cultural visits and trips organized each year.
All those international experiences give the opportunity to our students to pursue international careers all over the word (USA, Brazil, Australia, Thailand, China…. and all the European countries).
- Interior architecture
- Product Design
- C.A.O. (computer-aided design): Rhino, Revit …
- Digital architecture
The 2 years are divided in 4 semesters of 5 months each:
-Year 1 – S1: October – November – December -January- February
-Year 1 – S2: February – March – April- May – June
-Year 2 – S3: October – November – December -January- February
-Year 2 – S4: February – March – April- May – June
- Ten weeks internship in an agency between July and the end of October,
- Start of Academic Year, last Monday of October,
- First semester is animated by a transversal project in Brussels,
- Second semester is spent in one of the 3 “studios” hosted in prestigious universities in São Paulo (Brazil), Shanghai (China) or Pune (India).
- Four weeks internship in a specialized interior architecture office during the summer holidays,
- Start of Academic Year, first Monday of October,
- First semester is animated by the graduation project and 160 hours of business management courses including classes in accounting, taxation, entrepreneurship, law, professional ethics …
- Second semester is spent doing two 3-months internships, including at least one abroad (ie outside Belgium and outside the student’s country of origin).
Note that classes, curricula and timetables may be adapted from year to year or during the year to keep up with professional life and for the convenience of students and teachers.
The annual tuition fees are 8.400 EUR + 300 EUR registration fees* (total: 8,700 EUR) and are to be paid as follows:
- 2,800 EUR + 300 EUR – ie 3,100 EUR (first instalment), at registration,
- 2,800 EUR (second instalment) by June 30
- 2,800 EUR (third instalment) by September 15.
For international transfers, bank fees are at the charge of the payer.
Note however that there is a staggered payment possible for some residents (upon acceptance and subjects to a surcharge of 300 EUR).
Those tuition fees don’t involve the cultural visits and study trips.
*Registration fees: this amount covers the general administrative costs as well as individual insurance (taken out by the CAD) in case of accident at the school.
In Belgium, private schools can’t deliver states diploma. The CAD diploma is a professional school diploma.
The awarded degrees are certificates which may correspond with Masters and are credited of 60 ECTS per years.
The CAD ‘s graduates who choose the MDes receive a double certificate: one of the CAD and one of Ecole de Design de Nantes (“Diplôme visé contrôlé par l’Etat”).
CAD is member of CUMULUS Creative Linking
Cumulus is the main International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media in the world. Cumulus is the only global association to serve art and design education and research. It is a forum for partnership and transfer of knowledge and best practices. Cumulus consists currently of 340 members from 61 countries.
The awarded CAD is member of CUMULUS, this main international network of design school.
For more information, please contact email@example.com – T.: +32 2 640 40 32