DIGITAL DESIGN & ART DIRECTION – Cycle 2
2 years – 120 ECTS – Postgraduate Studies
The worlds of communication and advertising have changed a lot. Internet, social media and now connected objects, have changed the ways of communicating. The relationships between the clients of advertising agencies (advertisers) and their own customers (consumers) have also evolved.
Indeed, in the digital world, a new discipline called UX (for User Experience) design aims to increase the satisfaction of users of a product or service by improving the usability, accessibility and pleasure provided by the interaction with this product/service.
The advertising agency of today and its creatives must be able to offer a global communication, create advertising concepts and then adapt them to all new media. The creative plays the role of art director to create a new brand identity, imagine a new logo, develop a new packaging, create interfaces of websites and connected objects, mobile applications … in line with the real needs of consumers.
Finally, there is a growing demand for experts in Motion Design. This new communication tool consists of animating graphic elements (images, photos, illustrations, typography, video …) with sound. These animations are used for advertising films, animations of interfaces (web, mobile …), video productions (music clips, movie credits, …) or to create graphic universes in different domains (visual identities, video games, …).
The CAD is an international institution. The classes are taught in English allowing our students to obtain internships abroad, take part in international workshops and get acquainted with foreign cultures through cultural visits and trips organized each year.
All those international experiences give the opportunity to our students to pursue international careers all over the word (USA, Brazil, Australia, Thailand, China…. and all the European countries).
- Global project in advertising
- Digital design
- Art direction
The 2 years are divided in 4 semesters of 5 months each:
-Year 1 – S1: October – November – December -January- February
-Year 1 – S2: February – March – April- May – June
-Year 2 – S3: October – November – December -January- February
-Year 2 – S4: February – March – April- May – June
- Ten weeks internship in an agency between July and the end of October,
- Start of Academic Year, last Monday of October,
- First semester is animated by a transversal project in Brussels,
- Second semester is spent in one of the 3 “studios” hosted in prestigious universities in São Paulo (Brazil), Shanghai (China) or Pune (India).
- Four weeks internship in a specialized interior architecture office during the summer holidays,
- Start of Academic Year, first Monday of October,
- First semester is animated by the graduation project and 160 hours of business management courses including classes in accounting, taxation, entrepreneurship, law, professional ethics …
- Second semester is spent doing two 3-months internships, including at least one abroad (ie outside Belgium and outside the student’s country of origin).
Note that classes, curricula and timetables may be adapted from year to year or during the year to keep up with professional life and for the convenience of students and teachers.
The annual tuition fees are 8.400 EUR + 300 EUR registration fees* (total: 8,700 EUR) and are to be paid as follows:
- 2,800 EUR + 300 EUR – ie 3,100 EUR (first instalment), at registration,
- 2,800 EUR (second instalment) by June 30,
- 2,800 EUR (third instalment) by September 15.
For international transfers, bank fees are at the charge of the payer.
Note however that there is a staggered payment possible for some residents (upon acceptance and subjects to a surcharge of 300 EUR).
Those tuition fees don’t involve the cultural visits and study trips.
*Registration fees: this amount covers the general administrative costs as well as individual insurance (taken out by the CAD) in case of accident at the school.
In Belgium, private schools can’t deliver states diploma. The CAD diploma is a professional school diploma.
The awarded degrees are certificates which may correspond with Masters and are credited of 60 ECTS per years.
The CAD ‘s graduates who choose the MDes receive a double certificate: one of the CAD and one of Ecole de Design de Nantes (“Diplôme visé contrôlé par l’Etat”).
CAD is member of CUMULUS Creative Linking
Cumulus is the main International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media in the world. Cumulus is the only global association to serve art and design education and research. It is a forum for partnership and transfer of knowledge and best practices. Cumulus consists currently of 340 members from 61 countries.
The awarded CAD is member of CUMULUS, this main international network of design school.
For more information, please contact email@example.com – T.: +32 2 640 40 32